Conditions apply for rentals and tours for private individuals.
- You must have a personal certificate for either NPF (WetCard 16 hours), EPP2 or BCU 2STAR. Without this, it becomes difficult for us to rent kayaks to you.
- All kayaks are equipped with paddle leash; it must not be removed from the kayak during the rental period.
This is included in the price:
The following can be rented at Lofoten Aktiv AS:
- Cag / paddle jacket
- Paddle Gloves
- Dry Bags
Prices for rental
|Days:||Single kayak||Double kayak|
|1 day||NOK 570,-||NOK 1090,-|
|2 days||NOK 1135,-||NOK 2180,-|
|3 days||NOK 1705,-||NOK 3270,-|
|4 days||NOK 2265,-||NOK 4320,-|
|5 days||NOK 2800,-||NOK 5345,-|
|6 days||NOK 3330,-||NOK 6355,-|
|7 days||NOK 3830,-||NOK 7385,-|
The following can be bought at Lofoten Aktiv AS:
- Nautical chart or map is available. (1:100 000) - NOK 250,-
- The maps we are selling the most of are the three maps (1:50 000) are suitable for navigation of kayaking and hiking - NOK 250,-
- The overview map of Lofoten is (1:150 000) - NOK 250,-
Booking and payment:
- Reservations are made on our reservation form here on our website.
- No booking is valid until a deposit payment (60%) is made. Payment can be made via PayPal or bank transfer. Other payment must be agreed separately.
- earlier than 21 days before departure, you receive 80% refund of the original price, except for an administrative fee of NOK 300.
- 14-20 days before departure, you receive 50% refund of the original price.
- 8-13 days in advance will receive 25% refund of the original price.
- If you cancel your order less than 8 days in advance, you receive 0% refund from the original price.
Pickup and return of rental gear:
- Pickup of the equipment: 08:30-09:30
- Returning equipment: 17:30 til 18:00
- Both kayak and equipment should be cleaned for the next customer to use.
- If you prefer not to clean your kayak, we can do it for you. This service costs NOK 200 / kayak.
- If you return the equipment later than 18:00, we will charge you probably NOK 250 for every hour you are late.
- You must be able to swim.
- You must always have a PFD when you and your kayak are in the water.
- If you are late back, you are obliged to notify us no later than 17:00.
- If you behave in an unsuitable manner (not respecting the public right, not wearing PFD) or commit crimes or commit violations of rules at sea, the Lofoten Aktiv AS has the right to take back all hired equipment without reimbursement.
- Paddle your kayak rented from Lofoten Aktiv AS is at your own risk. Paddling is like operating any other small vessel at sea. You are responsible for paddling in accordance with applicable regulations. When you return, the rented equipment must be cleaned and in the same condition as it was when you left. If not, we will charge you for the cleaning or repair of the kayak.
- If you damage kayak or other equipment, you are responsible for any costs to replace or repair it.
- Lofoten Aktiv AS commits to rent kayaks and equipment in good condition suitable for use in our environment.